Updated: Jun 25, 2021
Farm house recipes from the heart
Who doesn't love a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie? Like, they are seriously hard to resist. Especially when made with our White Sonora flour. Such a delicate fresh taste. We ❤ them.
"Mom, I'm going to win a blue ribbon!" Ahh, the confidence of a three year old. My son Flint told me this as we entered the cookies that him and his sister made for our county fair. We came back after judging, and imagine my surprise when we saw the blue ribbon hanging on the plate, with what was left of the cookies.
This is an easy, but obviously an all around winner for anytime at home.
Blue ribbon chocolate chip cookie recipe
Preheat oven to 350°
2 1/3 C White Sonora Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
1 C Sugar
1 C Butter room temp (2 sticks)
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C White sugar, plus 1/4 C for rolling dough in
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3/4 C Mini or regular chocolate chips or more depending on personal preference
(GIVE ME ALL THE CHOCOLATE, so I typically use a whole bag)
1) In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, add the butter, and sugars and beat until they are creamed together and fluffy (about 5 minutes)
3) Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add the flour in and mix until combined.
4) Fold in chocolate chips by hand
5) Scoop dough with a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon or whatever scoop you have and depending on what size cookie you want.
6) Roll the dough into balls, and roll in the extra sugar
7) Gently press tops to make a flat, thick disk, sprinkle a little more sugar if you'd like.
8) Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or 10 if you like them a little underdone. Let cool on wire rack.
Makes 5 dozen mini cookies or 2-3 dozen depending on size